At a Fortune 100 company with over 100 labs we enhanced securing their intellectual property by designing and implementing a patch management system for the instrument computer operating systems while maintaining the laboratory’s independent network from the business network and the internet. The solution needed to maintain the instruments 21 CFR Part 11 qualification and validation as well as Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Design and Implement a Patch Management System for Instrument Computer Operating Systems
- Enhance the security of intellectual property
- Maintain the labs network as an independent network from the business network and the global internet
- Maintain instrument qualification and validation
- Maintain Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Patch testing and deployment of patches to limit instrument downtime
- Maintaining virus free environment
LabAnswer successfully designed and implemented an automated patch management system to update lab computer operating systems.
- An automated patch management system to update lab computer operating systems
- Maintained a 99 percent up time for the computers
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES USED
No COTS applications or services were used. The solution was researched and coded by LabAnswer employee using the same type of technology as Microsoft’s patch management system.